In our school lesson, today, we revised the various types of sound and the effect in which these many methods of sound are used. In order to utilise these various types of sound, it is important that I apply these to a real-life example of a contemporary professional music video
As the main form of sound in music videos is usually the non-diegetic sound of the track featured, it is important,in my analysis, to study the ways in which music videos incorporate complex narratives which are complete with both diegetic and non-diegetic sound. The most prolific contemporary example of this is yet another Lady GaGa video, in Telephone. The 'Pulp Fiction' themed video differs greatly from the former video that I analysed, in that there are large sections intersecting the short song, with a higher proportion of dialogue/action themed narrative to the actual music. The analysis, below, in the form of a video that I have made (using Windows Movie Maker), identifies the numerous types of diegetic and non-diegetic sounds used in the first 3 minutes of the Telephone introduction.
No comments:
Post a Comment